Northern Ceviche with Cilantro
- - 250 gr. white fish
- - 12 units of shrimps
- - 1 package of yuca
- - 2 stalks of celery in pieces
- - 6-8 units of limes (green)
- - ½ red onion in slices (fine cut)
- - ½ red pepper. Choose "limo" or "habanero" (brunoise)
- - ¼ red onion (for "leche de tigre")
- - 1 clove of whole garlic
- - 20 gr. of whole ginger
- - 80 gr. white fish
- - ¼ cup of evaporated milk
- - 3 ice cubes
- - 1 package of fresh cilantro
- - 1 ½ tbsp. of yellow pepper pasta
- - 2 cups of flour
- - Salt
- - Vegetable oil
- - Lettuce leaves
- - Sweet potato
- 1. Tiger milk: mix celery, onions, ginger, garlic, pieces of white fish (80 gr.), lime juice, marinate for 10 minutes. Then add the evaporated milk, the ice cubes, mix well with the mixer. Try to get a sweet cream. Be careful with the amount of lime juice and milk. Sift.
- 2. Blend the cilantro package (washed leaves) with a little water until you get a cream.
- 3. Cut the fish in uniform cubes. Cold reserve.
- 4. Boil yucas until they become sweet. Cut them according to your taste.
- 5. Clean the shrimps. In a blow place shrimps, salt, ½ tbsp. of yellow pepper pasta, mix them and pass on the flour. Heat the oil and fry the shrimp until they got golden brown.
- 6. Preparation of ceviche: in a bowl place the fish, the yellow pepper pasta (1 tbsp.), salt, the base of the "tiger milk" (bit by bit) and add cilantro cream. Mix well and add the sliced onion (well washed) and chopped red pepper very small (and in small quantity) and finally a little of chopped cilantro. Rectify the taste as needed.
Use lettuce leaves as a base, prepare sweet potato fried yarns and use yucas as garniture, depending on taste.
Place the ceviche on top adding a little more chopped onions, cilantro and shrimps.
If you cannot find yucas, replace them with small boiled potatoes cut in small pieces.
*** Use all ingredients of the recipe. We will evaluate the taste and creativity of the presentation ***